Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Renewal, A Road or A Season?


Renewal...At a moment in time I feel a need for renewal. What kind? Where? When? I long for something in my soul to be refreshed, young, revitalized. I know where to go to find the pathway, though I must step up and possess it.



Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever just want the rain clouds to open up and drop the rain upon your face and cleanse your soul? It is so easy to want to be still and be refreshed and renewed. That isn't how it works. Restoration, renewal, vitality all require a conscious effort on behalf of the party seeking them.



In other seasons of my life I remember experiencing renewal through writing. To purge my heart of the emotions that tormented me through pen and paper.




What is truly renewing is the walk in the fresh sprigs of spring. The light sprinkling of green that has begun to venture forth through the soil that has laid dormant.




I am finding refreshment. May I share it with you? These are mere excerpts that I offer.




"Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10 NKJV)


"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous spirit." (Psalm 51:12 NKJV)


"Wash me thoroughly from my inquity, and cleanse me from my sin." (Psalm 51:2 NKJV)


I realize that there are many of you that are not understanding the correlation between the puzzles of my life and how the instruction I take from the Bible can fit and work. I dare you to step up and look into your heart. Can you cleanse it yourself? Is there anything else of this world that renews you and restores you? I challenge you to pick up a Bible and read it for no other reason than for the story it tells.


Open your heart and your mind to the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment