Friday, October 22, 2010

God Answers

Sometimes I pray and wonder if God hears me. Will He answer me? Are my requests on His important list? Have I strayed from the path He has for me? Am I holding on to something that He wants me to let go of? Am I just asking for something that is just not meant to be?

Then I stop and think, God answers. It is the confidence of knowing that He will provide just the right answer at just the right time. When we ask as children and yet doubt as adults it does not give Him permission to do what we have asked. Jesus even took the time to tell us specifically, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NKJV)

So don't wonder, know. Perhaps the answer isn't what you expected, or maybe it's even no, or not now, but God does answer. And when you ask God to tell you why, as we are all prone to do, listen for His answer. It may be that you are not ready for His answer, but remember... "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment