Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Is it Really So Bad?

This morning, I woke refreshed and felt alive again. As I begin my day and contemplate what my meditations should be I hear a little voice whispering in my ear... Is it really so bad? Consider the life of Job. He had it all and then all was destroyed.

The reality is that I still have tremendous blessing. It's easy to lose sight of what God has for you when the disconnection notices are coming, when the cupboards seem empty and you are swallowing your pride to find a way to do what needs to be done.

So I come back to the one thing that always works, the sacrifice of praise. " Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:20-21 (NKJV)

So I will praise Him in this storm, and I will lift my hands in praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment